Have you ever wondered what does it feels like to get lost in the mesmerizing beauty of nature that offers you the sense of tranquility of the region and peace that you have been looking for a quite long time?
Well, if not then, a road trip to Leh-Ladakh can offer you the divine atmosphere and serenity that you were craving for, accompanying you with an adventure drive to make your days enthralling. This is a journey everyone has heard of and most of them are waiting to experience on.
If traveling to this place is in your bucket list then you should, by all means, have a bike ride from Manali to Leh, as this will be counted as one of the best experiences of your life. This place has become the most popular summer destination for the tourists and many travelers dream to visit Leh Ladakh once in their lifetime.
Today, tourists from all over the world are coming to visit this Trans-Himalayan region. Riding across the high-mountain passes, glancing at the spell-binding landscape, crossing the twisted roads, feeling the cold breeze, visiting the monasteries, and camping near the astonishing high-altitude lakes makes Leh and Ladakh – the land of paradise.
Ladakh has a number of things to offer to the visitors, the beautiful landscape, chilling weather, the festivals, hospitality, and the peace, which every nature lover hunts for. But before planning a trip to Ladakh, one should take note of these following points that states the physical fitness needed for this journey, especially a bike ride, as the acute mountain sickness can affect the physically fit people also:
- One should be physically fit for a trip to Ladakh as the atmosphere is gradually changing, so people who are not good with changing weather need to prepare themselves up.
- Climb the mountains gradually to let the body adjust with the temperature of the place, and people who are suffering from asthma should avoid visiting this region.
- You should increase the intake of water slowly as if you get over-hydrated this might harm you.
- The level of oxygen remains low, so avoid including excessive physical activities to avoid fatigue and breathlessness. As this might run you out of the excitement.
- If you notice any sign of acute mountain sickness, then take a break from the ride to avoid any health caution.
- One of the most essential things about this ride is that you need to take rest after two days if you are planning to directly land to Leh.
Being located in the lap of the Himalayas, this region is known to be the coldest regions in India, so when you’ll cross Keylong, you’ll notice the difference in the weather as well as the landscape. So, in order to have the best stay, have all the essentials that are needed throughout the journey and the stay.
Get lost in the mesmerizing beauty of nature!